On-Call Substitute Teacher
St. Thomas School is seeking to develop a list of on-call substitute teachers for various disciplines and grade levels to help us advance our vision of being a recognized leader in early childhood through 8th Grade education. We’re looking for energetic individuals who can adapt quickly to changing circumstances, individuals who works effectively independently as well as part of a team, and who are passionate about teaching to pre-school to middle school-aged children and enhancing student life. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! Since this position is part-time and temporary, only mandated benefits are offered. STS offers pay competitive with public and independent schools and an extraordinary work environment. Qualified substitutes will be added to a database of professionals that are contacted and paid directly by the school.
Main areas of need:
- Early Learning Center and Elementary School – several Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Specialists, etc. Flexibility and ability to float are key – Substitutes may be subbing for Instructional Assistants as well as for Teachers
- Middle School - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Teachers; Humanities Teachers
- In all cases Substitutes will be involved in classrooms, at recess, at lunch, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A strong desire to work with children and to acquire a deep understanding of developmental stages of growth
- Familiarity with the Reggio Emilia philosophy is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the children and program
- Flexibility to work with a number of faculty and staff members in an ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work efficiently in a Microsoft Windows environment using Microsoft Office, master common automated systems for record keeping, and learn new technology
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty and staff
- Ability to work and communicate well with students and their parents
Substitutes interested in being part of the greater STS community should submit:
- Cover letter that highlights particular strengths and areas of expertise
- STS application
- Three recent letters of recommendation
If this sounds like you, and you are interested in becoming a part of the greater STS community, please submit an application for employment (available on the STS website), your résumé, a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, and three recent letters of reference via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to St. Thomas School, Attention: Careers, 8300 NE 12th Street, Medina WA, 98039. Substitutes are expected to meet with a member of the administration and complete a background check. Background checking fees are paid by the substitute; however, if you work with us for at least five times, we will refund the background checking fee to you. Thank you for your interest in St. Thomas School.
Positions open ongoing. No phone calls please.